Thursday, November 11, 2010

Vag·a·bond [Vag-uh-bond]

–adjective  
[wandering from place to place without any settled home; nomadic: a vagabond tribe.]
[leading an unsettled or carefree life.]
[having an uncertain or irregular course or direction: a vagabond voyage.]
I had an amazing experience today. I was sitting on my couch, drinking my frozen chai,  facebooking it up, and thinking about life. My life. What I wanted to do with it. And why I am not there yet...etc. So, all of a sudden it came upon me; "Google" is good for so many things!! Therefore, clearly I came to the conclusion...I shall google it!! [I realize this sounds a little ridiculous, but I tell you...God speaks through strange things sometimes!] ...Then I did it. I typed "what should I do with my life" into the little search engine thingy...and I somewhat skeptically clicked on the first result, thinking I was being silly even doing this! And this is what I found... [It's like 6 pages long...soo, just so you're warned!]
The URL had a 66 in it, so I hoped that wasn't a bad sign...[haha] then I remembered I didn't believe in superstition; and fearlessly continued on! And what I found was one of the most down to earth, no nonsense, legitimate articles I have read in quite some time. I liken the profoundness [if that's even a word!] to what I felt as I was reading the book "Just Do Something". I was truly inspired!
My inspiration led me out to my hammock in the back yard, pen and paper in hand...to write down "What do I love?" and/or "What have I done already that I have loved?". Because one of the main points this man makes in his article is that a lot of people haven't really even truly asked themselves these questions and we live in a place where we're free to do basically anything our hearts desire...and why not take that and run with it? I mean, so long as it in honoring God and He's not saying don't do it!
My list of "What do I love?" seemed pretty simple, and basic, I guess since I am me, and I know what I love; and it consisted of; people, relationships, God, my family, friends, communicating through writing, traveling, foreign cultures, helping people, sozo, love, photography, warm weather, being tan, creativity, being who I am made to be...and a few other things. So after writing my list, and journaling and talking it over with the Lord a little more, I realized I want to be vagabond, with an indispensable monetary fund :) Orr...to simply marry a very very rich, handsome, man of God, and do whatever my heart desires from there! ;) [haha I'm mostly kidding about that last part, I mean a millionaire would be great--but no requirement!]
All of this to say--it was a very enlightening afternoon, and I had the best time sitting out in this amazing 70 degree day, chilling out with God and just dreaming with Him. I am very excited about life, and soo excited to see where this journey that God has me on leads to.

5 comments:

  1. Melissa, you inspire me...to be myself. :) I like you and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for that millionaire as well... or at least a man that has the financial smartness to get to that one day..... :) Hehe. Think of all the mission trips I could go on! And a few other advantages as well.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love this! :) that sounds like such a sweet afternoon. being enlightened like that is always such a good, exciting time! i totally see you as a vagabond! lol that might sound weird but i totally see it and it is awesome!!! i think it's totally you.

    ReplyDelete